7.28.2004

Another Day Closer

So, I'm closer to my vacation but it's still over a month away!  I will not do this again next year - no way.  I am already planning my first vacation for 2005 for April or May.  Waiting until September to go on vacation is way too long.  I don't want to work (not even the simplest tasks), give skin care classes (which I enjoy), teach ballroom lessons (which I really enjoy) or do anything that requires brain cells - and I've been this way for the last month, at least!  Plus, my roommate is bearing the brunt of my restlessness.  It's hard when you live with someone who gets the summers off and you don't.  Don't get me wrong; she deserves it.  She is  a great teacher and I know that teachers are so underpaid and overworked.  But it's still hard to deal with it.  I am excited for my vacation, though.  It will be fun, relaxing and stress-free (mostly).  The whole reunion thing is pretty weird but I will get to see my friends and that's all that matters.   I will also get to spend four days on the beach - by myself (mostly).  I so need to just sit on a beach somewhere and just veg.   And I'll get to visit my new nephew, Hunter, too.  That will be great!  

My writing is coming along - slowly - but it's coming.  I like my course and the instructor that was assigned to me.  She has been very encouraging to my writing; and has been critical when she needs to be.  I just hope that one day I'll be able to touch somebody with the many stories that are floating around in my head.  I'm still not sure what genre suits me best.  I hope to find out over the next year or so.  I really miss writing; it really was what I should have majored in but if I wanted my parents to help with tuition I had to compromise.  So in comes Journalism and out goes Creative Writing.  Oh well, journalism has served me well.  I am still interested in Publications work and hope to find a job in the next couple years that will utilize my skills and challenge me to make them even better.  But for right now, I like my job and the flexibility it gives me to pursue my interests and dreams.  I know that I won't work here forever and if I'm to have a career, I need to realize this and do something about it.  It will be hard if, two or three years from now, I have to leave here.  The people are wonderful and the ministry is growing so much - and in so many exciting ways.  But I want to contribute in other ways and that just isn't possible right now.  So I am content where I am for the moment:  I have a full-time job with benefits, am on salary, work with great people in a great atmosphere, I'm serving the Lord and His church and I have time to pursue my interests like writing and learning how to run a business.  I also have my health when so many around me are ill (mentally, physically, etc.).  I need to count my blessings much more often than I do.  So what if I'm not married and don't have kids yet?  Both are things that are desires of mine but God's timing is much better.  I'd rather be single and happy and pursuing God's will than married, unhappy and being misled.  So life is pretty good for me, isn't it? :-)

No comments: