3.21.2005

Birthday and Boys

So, I've been a little busy of late. This is my first entry in two months and one day. :-)

Yesterday marked my 29th birthday. Yep, I'm 29 - for the first time. :-) It's become a joke with my friends and I now. It's kinda fun to joke about ages. I still don't look my age but I'm coming to the conclusion that that's a good thing. :-) It was a good day all around. I even had some really good friends come over to celebrate with me. However, one thing came out of one of our conversations that disappointed me about a "friend" not present - and it was, of course, a boy.

You know, boys suck. :-) Why is it that most of the time us women want to be friends with guys that really just suck? Even if we are strictly only wanting to be friends, they still suck.

Case in point, my "so-called" non-present "friend." Apparently, he's been making fun of me behind my back to people that know me. I had to find this out from a mutual friend of ours at my birthday party last night. This is the guy that doesn't acknowledge, accept or give out apologies and will only joke with you if you don't joke with him. I'm starting to feel regret that I ever met the guy! And he's a Christian! But a good (and very wise) friend of mine reminded me that "just being a Christian does not a good guy make...you're also an adult, as is this guy I’m assuming [he's 9 years older], so the whole making fun of someone behind their back and acting like their friend in front of them thing should be something they got over a long time ago... don’t know why we’re always attracted to these kinds of people; I think it’s the innate spirit of a woman to be loving and caring and nurturing, and we are attracted to the people that most need our nurturing…even though they probably ‘deserve’ it even less than most!"

Did I tell you that she was wise? :-) I've learned to get over things lately; so I'll just get over this one. It still is a little hurtful, though. I will just have to accept that these types of people exist and just expect this type of continued behavior from him. It's sad, though. We could've been good friends; and dang the luck - I still don't have anyone to go to games with. It was so nice that he totally accepted me for who I was: a girl who enjoyed to watch sports as much as the guys; and I'm somewhat attractive to boot! So it's not like I look like a guy or anything and he wouldn't want to be seen with me. So, I guess he really doesn't accept me for who I am - unless it's as a punchline.

You know, there are guys out there that love me to go to games with them, platonically. And I know there is that really special guy that is meant to be my soulmate, who will accept me just how I am - sports fanatic and all. I haven't found either one back here yet, apparently. I have to continue to be patient and not let these things deter me any. So, dude, if you're reading this - you've just about lost someone that could've been a good friend to you.


What am I saying? I doubt he'll ever read this. Only a hand full of friends know that this blog exists. :-)

No comments: