8.08.2005

Guys...then fun movie but not a "good" movie

Okay, so I'm over the guy thing...mostly. My mom and I had a good talk the other day; it wasn't long but it was very informative. The gist of the conversation was this: I believe that there is one person best suited for everyone and she thinks that I should just find someone suitable and make it work. That's not how I work. If God doesn't bring me to him, then he's not for me. I'm very strong in this point. I will not budge. I have dated but am unwilling to date at the present time unless it's with a guy I think has his morals right and we're both attracted to each other. There are guys that I'm interested in but, after doing a little "research," they, at this time, aren't interested in me. And I'm okay with that, especially since I'm not strongly attracted to any of them. It's a bad time for me anyway. I need to be focusing on getting out of debt, out of my parents house in a year and establishing something of a career.

Oh, and that other guy I talked about, that's calmed down for the moment. Of course, I don't see him a lot so it's easy to not think about him. But isn't it a sign that if I'm not thinking of him all the time that I'm really not that interested in the first place? Doesn't that mean that it was just a little crush or acknowledgement of a small attraction? Or am I being really stupid and worrying too much about this when it's not supposed to be this hard to hook up with someone in the first place? BTW, "hook up" to me is just dating someone; not the other reference. That won't happen for me until I'm married. :-)

Enough about that. :-)

I did go to see a pretty fun movie Friday. It wasn't a "good" movie but it did entertain me; and I believe it will entertain those who go to it and accept it as it was meant to be. I saw "The Dukes of Hazzard." The car chases were good, the driving was excellent and the whole "good ol' boy" feel was there but it was definitely not the TV show. It was the Dukes as present day hillbillies (they even had cell phones). And though the movie did entertain me, I have to agree with a lot of other folks: the best parts of the movie were when the General Lee was on screen. But, to be fair, the movie was meant to be what it was. And for what it was, I enjoyed it. Also, the music during the car chases was very well selected. It made them even better and you got into the whole sequence. B-/C+

There was too much cussing and sexual conotations in the movie for my taste - which was the main reason why I gave it the above score. Yes, there was some sexual innuendo in the TV show but not as blatant as in the film. Though with a Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott film, you can't expect much better. Sorry, guys. :-) I just don't happen to be someone who enjoys crude/sexual (even mildly so) films. But to be completely honest, I really went to see the car in action. And I wasn't disappointed. :-)

Now, I'm waiting for "Underclassman" and "Aeon Flux" to come out. The latter just interests me because I watched the MTV show a few times. It was actually a bit interesting. The former I want to see because I think Nick Cannon is one of the funniest actors/comedians we have right now (his show, "Wild n'Out," is a blast to watch).

There are two other movies coming out this winter that I'm really excited for, too: Zathura and Narnia. They both look very promising. :-)

No comments: