2.12.2009

Valentine's

So, it's 1:11 a.m. on Thursday, February 12th & I just finished making Valentine's for all my girlfriends (due in large part to the creativeness of my friend "Mags"). But before I could bring myself to lay in bed and after I had my jammies on, I got an urge to write...mind you I have to be up no later than 7 a.m. and to work by 8 a.m.....yet, I'm inspired to type. Go figure. It's me...totally.

Anyway, these valentine's got me to thinking a bit. I am happy where I am...I like who I am and I"m okay wiht not having a date for valentine's this year. What's funny is that I know if I wanted one, I could have one. There are two guys that have sent me a note, sort of a pre-valentine...but I'm really not that interested in having a date for valentine's that I'd go out with either one. That realization hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm really content in my life. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm striving for more and to grow and to succeed but I'm really okay with who I am and am not going to make excuses. I think that I'm finally getting my own mind. I've always tried to please people and have always agreed with everyone I talk to in some way. But there are people in my life or around me that I don't agree with at all...one is a friend and one is someone I work with. And I think it's time that I asserted myself. No, not get angry and get in a confrontation. That would do more harm than good and isn't worth hurting someone over. But the next time I'm approached about either subject, I'm not going to back down and tell them what they want to hear...because what they need to hear isn't popular and it's not fun to hear but it does need to be said. Accountability is so important between people...but it has to exist on both sides. And right now, I know that I'm enabling behavior to continue that shouldn't. All that will happen if I stay down the same path is lead to hurt, for them and for me. It doesn't help either of us for me to smooth out the surface but let the boil fester below.

Okay, so now I'm a little tired and totally want to change the subject. In two days my best friend in CA is going to be induced. She's having her first baby! And it's working out that she'll have him or her actually on Valentine's Day! Isn't that cool? I get to go see her in March...I can't wait to meet my new "niece" or "nephew." Anyway, it's now 1:25 a.m. and I need to get to bed.

No comments: