3.27.2006

All about B-ball

Okay, so I'm really impressed with my college alma mater's search for a new basketball coach. They really are keeping thier lips sealed and I think that is the right thing. Of course, as a journalism graduate from the school, I know that it has to be so frustrating for the sportswriters here at the H-T. I mean, of course we want to be the ones to know first - we live here and if you live here you breath, bleed and worship IU basketball.

But I'm starting to see how smart Greenspan, our AD, really is. He is not letting people here, critics or the media affect his decision. And I'm impressed by some of the names mentioned - if Calipari is really in negotiations for the IU job as rumored. He's a big name and brings a big game. IU would be lucky to have him - and Memphis will sorely miss him.

Again, everything is just rumors right now. But, boy, what a rumor. :-)

1 comment:

slobber said...

i know a lot of people wanted Steve Alford, but his coaching record isn't backing him up.

a word about Calipari - the rumor (i know, rumor) is something will come out in the next 2-3 years on violations.

some of the little things being mentioned: most of the players are wearing $40,000 mink coats, etc. etc.

good luck on landing a good coach!