3.28.2006

Let the IU Circus begin...

er...well, it already has. Now we're hearing that IU and Kelvin Sampson, Oklahoma's Head Coach, have nailed down a contract and are getting ready to have a press conference about it in the next day or two.

Hmmm....he would be a great candidate but with all the uncertainty surrounding the last "rumored to be in negotiations" candidates, I'm not going to take it at face value until I actually see the face of AD Greenspan announcing such on local TV. It's craziness, this search for a basketball coach! It's been like a circus in the office - and I'm sure that goes for every office in the city of Bloomington. You know that if someone isn't talking about it, they are at least thinking about it - even the ones that don't care much about sports. It really doesn't matter - if you live in this town, any news about IU basketball is destined for the daily water cooler chats, regardless of gender.

So, though I like Coach Sampson, I'm not going to take it as fact until I have some solid facts. I'll just wait on hearing from the boys in our sports department. We'll know that it's a done deal when we hear deep exhaling coming from the back of the building. :-)

1 comment:

slobber said...

i think that's a good hire, and he'll get them to play defense which they hadn't been doing much of.