3.27.2006

Okay, so I'm starting to get comments...

...from my blog entries. It's kinda cool because though this is an online blog you really don't know who reads it - until, of course, someone responds.

So to the person who just responded - you may be right about Calipari but this town is nutty when it comes to basketball. Our AD, while new, has brought in the right people so far so I'm trusting he will do the same now. However, the coach that comes here needs to win over the locals. Otherwise, he'll be in for the same beating that Davis took. I'm certain that Greenspan knows this and is taking into consideration what type of person he pays for this job. The next person has to have two very important qualities, among a zillion others: 1) a charismatic personality, and 2) a knack for making everyone believe that when he's wrong, he's still right. Basically, The General re-incarnate.

Otherwise, not only will this new meat be "forced" to leave but Greenspan will be on his way out, as well, in the next two to three years. And I'm very sure that Greenspan wants nothing to do with being the object of IU loyalist's hit list. It wouldn't be pretty. In fact, it isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy - if I had one.

3 comments:

slobber said...

yeah, comments are good for blogs to keep the discussions going.

I think Greenspan is a good A.D. and is making wise decisions. he brought in a good football coach and is not bowing to popular pressures in the basketball coaching search.

I am a faithful UK alumni and have the utmost repect for IU. one of my favorite books of all time is John Feinstein's "A Season on the Brink." I think Bobby Knight is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

I am eager to see IU get a good coach and continue the great rivalry that is IU-UK.

slobber said...

Go Kelvin Sampson!!

Anonymous said...

You can use the preloaded statements or play one for Pay back - Partner template that you just fill in [url=http://www.vejhi.co.uk/]quick loans[/url] uk quick loans This is a wise decision, as a mma star meant to perform individually via unprepared stretches of motorway must be basically robust as well as simple http://www.pihquickloans.co.uk/