4.13.2009

Three Dogs & a 33 year old

I'm amazed by my friends. They are all creative in their own unique way. I love to watch and see what they do with their creativity...and I'm always awed by what they come up. I think I've become a student of others uniqueness...I love to study and watch they do and marvel.

I know that I'm creative in my own ways myself...and I truly enjoy being creative (I just wish I did it well enough to get paid for it). But last night was an example of both: a friends creativity and my creativity. It was very neat to sit there and do a project with a new friend and just be myself....no worrying about what I can or can not say to her, asking if she's having a good time or not, or worrying about what to do next. It was one of the easiest evenings I've had with a friend....and I don't really know her that well. But I got to know her better last night and I witnessed something so special about her...something that I know she doesn't see in herself yet but I'm praying will someday. She is spectacularly gifted and I pray for an opportunity for her to share those spectacular gifts.

But something that I'm very proud that I finally did is paint. Yes, we painted! I have never painted before...not truly. Saturday, I was in Hobby Lobby with a friend and finally couldn't resist the temptation any longer...I'd been thinking about taking up painting as a hobby off and on for 10 years but I've really thought about it seriously for the last two years...so I broke down and I bought acrylic paints, two 16x20 canvas', a painter's palette and a plethora of brushes. I was going to wait until next weekend or sometime this week but by the time Sunday came, I was chomping at the bit to get started. So, after my friend and I took a walk and ate, I couldn't resist any longer so I broke them out and started painting...and so did she. We had so much fun...and of course, being the artist that she is her "painting" came out so much more professional looking and prettier than mine. But, though I'm not as experienced as her with it, I thoroughly enjoyed myself because not only was I painting with a friend but I was painting for a friend. A friend of mine's birthday is a week from this Wednesday but her birthday party is next Saturday so I had to get started on her birthday gift. After realizing that the paints I bought would work for her project, too, I took the items out and painted them. It was so much fun!

I would totally be painting right now but I figured the three dogs would be a little distracting. Plus, I like spending time with them (which I am not doing while typing on this blog). They are such wonderful pets: Lela, Gracie and Betsy. I'm happy to be here with them but sad at the reason why. Their mamma's grandma passed away so the family had to go to the funeral. Boo. So, I am keeping them in my prayers and keeping their wonderful pets in my care. :-)

Getting back to the painting, it was a good release to a weekend where my emotions ran up and down. Friday was the one year anniversary of Stacey and my accident...and God was so wonderful to remind me on the one year anniversary weekend of that accident that what Jesus did was no accident. It was planned; it was meant to happen; it was destined so that He could show us just how much He loved us. I'm not superstitious or really pay much attention to signs, but the significance of this weekend being exactly one year after our accident, well, the meaning was not lost on me. During a week where I was dreading the day and gearing up for a super emotional weekend, God had other plans and His plans were so much better. I still questioned why God gave me the blessing of surviving, of walking away basically unscathed...questioning if I deserved it and if I have really been faithful and thankful and graceful for the blessing He gave me...if I've done Him and those around me good...if I deserved the blessing. And there were times that I felt I did not...but He would not let me stay there for long. He reminded me that He would do it all again...He'd die all over again for us (me) to live forever. He'd take over the driving, guiding my hands gently to a stop...and sending an angel to calm us as we looked out the window (we're convinced that woman was an angel...she was so graceful, calm, loving and merciful...and as quickly as she was there she was gone...she really was an angel, I believe it in my heart). So, right when I was about to succomb to the self-deprecating side of me, He reminded me of what this time of year meant...and that He'd do it all again, over and over, just so we'd know He loved us unconditionally.

So, though I'm 33 and still single, dog-sitting three dogs and have received blessings (which have begotten other blessings) that I don't think I deserve sometimes, He tells me that I'm beautiful to Him each and every moment of everyday. And I needed to hear that...

...and He knew that, too. :-)

No comments: