4.17.2006

Post 104: Still talking...

Yep, as you have guessed, I have predictably kept on keeping on...with my blog, that is. :-)

Ay yi yi! Sometimes I wonder about myself. I just can't stop talking or writing. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I know that it's part of who I am so I've come to accept it; and I'm sure my friends have too - the wonderful people that they are. :-)

So, I have something to say to anyone who is reading this: don't give up on your dreams!
I may be in debt and not where I want to be but I am being true to myself. I'm not quitting. I'm keeping my faith and pursuing every avenue that God has in front of me. The one that succeeds will be the one that He wants for me. I've prayed a lot about it and that's really what He is telling me. I haven't given up on my writing career; or on my love of entertaining people. I have been sidetracked, however, and I see that now. Discipline has been absent in certain areas of my life. It is discipline that I need to focus on. And that may mean making some people upset with me or will hurt their feelings. But I have to do what is best for me sometimes - and that means others may be disappointed. I have learned that I can't control people's feelings; I can only be honest with them and hope that they can see that it's the best decision.

I need to leave the studio - for good. At least, in the capacity that I have been in. I need the money but I need the time more. Monetarily, I can cut out things from my life that I don't really need. I can save money better and can focus on using it for better purposes.

There are a lot of I's in this blog; that's because I'm convinced that I haven't been pulling my own weight enough. I need to be the one to follow through; no one else can do it for me.

Another piece of advice: find time to relax; don't over work yourself!
I come from a family that over works every day of their lives. It isn't healthy and it doesn't make things any better; even if you need the money. After awhile, it drags you down and can even give you health problems. Even if you love your job, take a vacation at least one week a year - even if you don't get paid for it, like me now. Though my vacation was pretty hectic, it was a much needed break. I did refuel a bit because I was around different people for awhile. For me, it was partly the choice of place that I went on vacation that made it hectic and not as soothing as it could've been. But it was still nice and a good change in routine for me. Please, take a vacation when you know you need it; even if it's only for a weekend, it will do wonders for mind, body and soul.

I'm on a roll here so I'm going to keep going.

Advice number 3: Thank your friends for being your friends.
Seriously, sometimes we forget how important they are and don't really thank them enough. Remember, there is a reason why we have them: they're the ones that can handle us and will hang out with us when no one else wants to. So, say thank you in some way for them being your friend and accepting you for who you are - even if sometimes you annoy them, too. :-)

Advice number 4: Take chances - in every part of life!
I'm not necessarily a risk-taker but I am outgoing. And I have taken risks with my career, with moving away from my entire family and with my friends. But now, I'm taking risks to be happy. If there is something you've always wanted to do - DO IT! If there is someone who you've been crushing on: TELL THEM! I'm not telling my last crush because I don't really crush on him anymore; of course, I'm not sure I'd say no if he asked me out. But I am determined to flirt with the best of them and to go out on a limb the next time I have feelings for someone. You just never know anymore if a guy likes you back; they're so passive these days. Of course, it someone you aren't interested in asks you out, don't be afraid to say no. Sometimes being nice truly backfires. You end up hurting someone more if you go out with them when you didn't want to in the first place. They get a glimmer of hope and latch on more so when you say you really aren't interested and never really were, it hurts them more. You may not feel great about saying no in the beginning because they're "a nice guy...," but you'll feel worse if you wait to say no. And there is something to say about attraction. It may not be a physical one but if there is an attraction to someone, explore it. Looks aren't everything; but let's face it, they do help.

Okay, well, I think I'm done for now. Dr. T, signing off. :-)

No comments: