4.18.2006

Post 105: All about sex, er...the sexes

So I have a new friend. She and I have found that we have close to the same experiences with men. In fact in the last few months we've both been propositioned by these amazingly hot guys. Okay, so on one hand it's nice to know that you're desirable to someone of the opposite sex that God has gifted with outward beauty. On the other hand, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You don't even know me, I don't know you, where you have been or who you have been with. It's so gross to me that society thinks its okay to sleep around. Even with AIDS and all these incurable STD's, people think that a condom or birth control will save them. It won't. Trust me - I may not know from personal experience but I know lots of people that can vouch for my statement - and a lot of them are in the medical profession, too.

My friend and I, along with most or all of our other women friends, want to be desired not only for our outward beauty but mostly for our inward beauty: our strength, morals, values, heart. There's more to life than sex. And while I'll admit that I hope to have it one day with my husband (lots and lots), it's not something to take lightly. And it's not only for pleasure. It's also to create something so beautiful and amazing. God truly has given us an incredible and undeserving gift to make a life. How can you make that gift so dirty?

So, though I was flattered (sort of) to be hit on by two very hot guys (they were twins, too - you know, the dirty blonde, surfer types with the biceps and abs that go on forever - okay, I'm overheating now; oh no, and now I'm thinking of Paul Walker. Ok, I'm spiralling to the bad place - I need to finish this now), I made the right decision to walk away. I didn't let the conversation go any farther and I know I'm strong enough to look a very attractive guy straight in the eyes and say, "No" and mean it, if it comes to that. Still, it was nice to flirt and I found that I'm not so bad at it as I thought. I just have to be careful with who I'm flirting with - I don't really want to get the kind of response that puts me in this type of situation. But the view was very, very nice. :-)

To conclude, us good girls know when we've found a good guy so we're willing to wait (even into our 30's) for him. He'll be worth it because he'll be sent from God. To me, that's all that matters. It helps that he's hot, though. What! I'm being honest. What I think is hot is not what my friends think is hot so it's okay to say that. I'm not vain, just honest.

K. I better go before I get myself into anymore trouble. :-)

No comments: