4.24.2006

Post 107: New Beginnings

I have made a bold decision today: I sent an e-mail to a new friend about a situation that is on my heart. It has nothing to do with her specifically but she needed to know about it. I haven't heard back yet, and though there is a possibility that she will be surprised at my candidness, I'm not worried about her response. She knows that I find her to be a good friend of mine and don't mean any harm to her. And, in the e-mail that I responded to, she sent me this encouraging verse:

"Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him." Isaiah 64:4.

How true the above is. But I sometimes think that all I'm ever doing is waiting. Don't you feel that way sometimes? To truly have faith in Him and to trust Him means that I have to wait more and worry less. We all worry way too much. I'm a big worrier. I try not to be and I am learning to be better and letting go. But, let's face it: sometimes we want to worry so it makes us feel like we're doing something. And why do we feel the need to always do something? Can't we let God do the work for us? It would make our lives so much simpler if we never ever knew what the word worry meant. If that word never ever existed, I'm convinced that we'd all be much healthier and live so much better. But we feel the need to worry about everything, even the miniscule stuff. You know, I really like the saying, "Don't sweat the small stuff; and it's all small stuff." It's one of the truest statements I've ever heard. It's all small stuff.

So, while I'm waiting for God to answer me in some of the issues I'm having right now, I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff. Going back to Isaiah 64:4, God is going to act in my life. I don't know in what way or when but He will do everything to my benefit - even if it means going through this heartbrokenness, being embarrased by my feelings and "wearing my heart on my sleeve." I know that I'm growing and that I've been growing a lot in the last year. I can't handle keeping things so locked up anymore; and though it may cause me a bit of grief to let them out, it's pressure released and a more centered me.

And, boy, do I feel so much better. :-)

No comments: