7.28.2009

By Your Side

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away
Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you
Look at these hands and my side
They swallowed the grave on that night
When I drank the world's sin
So I could carry you in
And give you life
I want to give you life(Chorus 2x)
Cause I, I love you
I want you to know
That I, I love you
I'll never let you go

The above are lyrics to a song by Tenth Avenue North that has been my favorite since it came out. Every lyric speaks to me and in my recent times of uncertainty, before and after posts on facebook, or notes on my blog or just while driving to work in the early morning, I would hear it. It would play in my car or it would pop into my head. Words inspired by God to a band to write and then to release on the radio, and then to reach people who need to hear the words....for those words to inspire that person (or persons) to pray, to seek, to love, to cry, to let go, to read verses, to change their disposition to one of worship, praise and complete joy from despair, uncertainty or general sadness and depression. This is poetry; the real poetry. Not just words on a page ordered creatively...but real connection and emotion and growth in the real world to a place in the eternal world. Poetry...in it's greatest form...inspires creation to look up to it's Creator.

This song is one of my inspirations to seek The Poet. It's poetry that has gotten me to settle within minutes, instead of hours or days, reminding me of the hands that are holding me; of how those hands are the only ones I need. The only love I really need. The only love that can ever exceed all my expectations. The only love that will truly always be by my side; that drank the world's sin and gave me true and everlasting life; that is carrying me in...to Heaven.

I am alive.
I am blessed.
I am forgiven.
I am loved, eternally.

No comments: