8.16.2004

I am so not talented...

Okay, I don't mean that in everything but my writing skill for news articles is almost nil. My article really is bad. My interview, though I gathered a lot of info, was bad; after having to listen to myself ask questions so confusingly to the person I wonder how he understood me at all. And I asked questions that led him to go off on tangents - which doesn't help with my angle. It just gave me a lot of info I didn't need. Well, I guess you have to start somewhere - and I'm starting at the bottom again, apparently.

I shouldn't be so hard on myself, I know that. LJ does like things specific and we don't have the same brain so if he changes it a lot then I shouldn't take it personally. I probably will at least a little, though. I know me. If I know I can do something better, like most everyone else, then it irks me that I couldn't do it better at the time. Isn't that how it always goes, though? You do something and work really hard on it but it just doesn't come out the way you want. You have to turn it in; realizing it's really not that bad and they are going to like it but you wanted to be perfect. And then a day later, after you've turned it in, that idea/that little "inspiration" you had been looking for finally comes to you. At that moment, you want to kick yourself or at least give your wall a good beating. Eventually, though, you relaize that if it was meant to be it would've already happened. And then you feel better about it so you think on the bright side: you can apply what you just learned the next time you are in the same position.

This time, though, I'm not at a deadline so I do still have time to find that "little inspiration" before it's too late. :-)

No comments: