1.26.2006

Countdown 2...and other stuff

54 days and counting....:-)

There has been a few exciting things in the last couple days. They aren't big things but they make the day go a little smoother. For one, I just found out that I have QuarkXpress on my computer! Yay! I love working with Quark. Of course, it's only 4.0 so it doesn't have some of the options I'm used to using but it's a whole heck of a lot better than using Word for this work project I have right now. If I could afford to put it on my computer at home, I'd buy it. So, for the last two days I've been using my favorite program. :-)

Also, I had a great Bible study Tuesday night. We didn't actually do a study but reflected on our studies from last year and decided what we wanted to do next. It was nice to finally get back to a somewhat normal schedule - although a very, very busy one. However, fitting in two evening Bible studies a week is all the time I have to relax during the entire week, as my weekends now have become part of my weekdays! Ugh! I'm hoping that after Feb. 12, things will calm down a bit but I'm not really holding my breath. Until I find a full-time job with benefits or am more financially stable, I doubt things will get any better soon. Here's to hoping they will, though.

I just don't want to end up in a rut and burned out. I really don't have many to support me because I'm too busy for them to be there for me. And those who are my close friends have different schedules than me. This is where a significant other would be appropriate but, alas, that isn't in the near future. It would be nice to start dating again though. But I'm also not in a rush so I guess where I am right now is right where I'm supposed to be. I don't have a lot of time anyway.

I'm looking forward to my performances (Night in Old Vienna and Indy Classic) but right now I'm looking more forward to Feb. 5 - although it's a super busy day. Feb. 5th is the Super Bowl. I don't have anywhere to go yet but I'm sure that someone will have something that I could go to. I don't really want to be home alone watching it. I would throw my own thing but I'm busy intil 6 p.m. that night with things at church so there would be no way that I could host anything.

Go Steelers! I never thought I'd say that. But I'm a Randle El fan - and the Colts choked - so that's who I'm rooting for. I just can't wait until the Niners are in the playoffs again - but I'll probably be waiting for awhile. :-)

No comments: