1.03.2006

From Sleep Deprivation to Dance

Yeah, it's like that this morning. But it's the opposite of being sleep deprived...actually, it's called Tylenol PM. I had to take a dose last night because I was pretty achy and I wanted to sleep. Instead of taking the 1/2 dose that I usually do, I took a full dose. So now I find myself feeling a bit drugged this morning. It usually wears off by now but there are no signs of that happening yet.

However, something happened last night that was a good thing. I watched a movie that had a music video as one of the extra features. It's a really nice song and inspiring. It inspired me to...dance. So I did - by myself in my living room (well, the upstairs living room) and barefoot. It was so much fun that I replayed the video about another three times. After that, I was so energized that I had to do more. I remembered that I had a few other movies that had music videos on the DVD so I took out those and did the same thing. These aren't hip hop videos or anything like that but they are songs that inspire me to dance. This went on for about an hour. I was getting tired and afraid that I was going to hurt my back so I stopped and watched another movie. But I so enjoyed the time that I did that. It was free-moving, spiritual, relaxing and all-consuming. It felt so great!

I love ballroom dancing but I almost love to dance behind closed doors more. Really, it's like lathargic for me. It's so calming...and it's the only exercise where you sweat that I like. One of the reasons why I love to swim so much is that you don't sweat. But I don't mind sweating when I'm dancing - not at all. :-)

No comments: