1.16.2006

Good movie

"Glory Road" is a good movie - no matter what the critics say. It may not be the best movie ever made but it was so fun to watch. I laughed, I thought, I smiled, I teared up a little and I cheered. It was what a movie should be. It should be enjoyable in lots of different ways. There wasn't too much dialogue and actually had guys playing basketball. There are some sports movies that forget that the characters should actually be playing something. It looked so real, too. And they had the right actors for it; great casting. Thank goodness Affleck passed. He would not have been a good Don Haskins - just not the role meant for him. Josh Lucas was great in the role. I really can't see anyone else taking on the feat. Nice job.

I have to say that it still didn't compare to "Remember the Titans" or "The Rookie" but it held up against them for the most part. I was excited to see a good sports movie finally. But, seriously, nothing has come close to "Remember the Titans." What a great movie! Such a shame that it was passed over that year. I saw every movie that was nominated that year and I was very surprised that RTT wasn't one of them; actually, I was angry. But what could you do.

On another note, there was a nice preview of the new Disney movie, "Eight Below." I can't wait to see it! Of course, it also helps that Paul Walker is one of the leads. Thank goodness he's in something not involving cars or sexy women. I liked the "Fast and the Furious" and it's sequel but you kinda wish that your favorite actors star in movies that are either more family-oriented or Oscar-worthy. You want to see them respected. Then again, you don't know them and their desires so you really have no right to say anything - just give your opinion and that's it. I'm just glad that he's in something family oriented and a Disney movie (that isn't "Meet the Deedles" - it was enjoyable but forgettable, if you know what I mean).

However, the next must-see movie on my list is "The Pink Panther." Laugh if you want, but I can't wait to see Steve Martin play Inspector Jacques Clouseau...."Cato, Cato, where are you?" LOL. My favorite scene out of all of the first movies has to be the moat scene. I can watch it over and over and laugh just as hard each time. I love it! All the Cato scenes are a close second.

No comments: