3.01.2009

To all my "Blessings"

Today’s blog (note)…and the only one for this week…is for everyone I can think of that has blessed my life. Regardless of where they are, who they are or if we are still close or not (distance-or-otherwise), I want to share with all just one thing for each person that has truly made me a better person…even if it meant showing me a fault, imperfection or area of my life that needed, well, tweaking. And if I forgot anyone, I will remember you and add you. It's almost midnight and I've been working on this off and on all day so please don't be upset if I forgot you. I haven't forgotten you...my brain is just a little tired and I need to post this so I can go to bed. So, here goes, to…

Mom…my inspiration
Dave…my strength
Dad…my protector
Aaron…my hard-working, admirable brother
Debbie…my creative step-sister
Brandie…my committed sister-in-law (a radiology degree and three kids, plus having to put up with my bro)
Jeff…my successful and sarcastic brother-in-law
Madeline…my grandmother who helps everyone
Donna…my grandmother who can do anything, like climb Mt. Whitney
Antone…my grandfather who never quits
Marilyn…my step-grandmother who is truly as sweet as pie
Destiny…for being my “Lil Miss”
Tony…for having that blonde curly hair, blue eyes and great personality
Hunter…for his smile and playful ways
Kaila…for being a good athlete and writing one of the best poems ever written
Jon…for becoming a good man
Kory…for being as cute as a button
Karen…my “favorite” aunt…she knows what that means
Bear…for having the best nickname in our family and being the best fishing buddy I could’ve ever asked for
Michael…whose face too easily reveals a mischievious smirk but is easy to forgive.
Lillian…who makes the best Lemon Meringue pie ever and has a great laugh
Jolene…who shows love to people and animals alike…and whose laugh I also love
Kyle…who is a proud Marine…and a good kid
Michaela…our Tinkerbelle…who has been through challenges no one should but has passed with flying colors
Brian…who is a good business man and will be a great husband and father
Shelly…for raising three kids
Lori…for making great decisions
Krissy…for being a strong woman in a man’s world and never letting anyone bring her down
Joannie…for loving her kids unconditionally
David…for being loving and a great cook
Danny…for experiencing life and surviving
Jimmy…my cousin who I never see but am proud of how he’s grown and who he is as a man
Jennie…my best friend, need I say more?
Jen…my best friend, the sequel
Alisa…the one who is always there, no matter the drama, and endures every “cake” reference thrown at her
Stacey…the one who I’m forever bonded to, respect, admire, adore, is wise beyond her years and will always be there for…no questions asked…even if it’s just to give her directions in a town that I don’t live in
Julie…the one who teaches me to be myself, always…and who has been a Godsend to my life
Beth…the one who is so easy to be friends with and is so fun to be with
April…the creative one who is real, genuine and can only be April
Denise…the one who has a knack for words, and for loving people
Angie…the one who has a gentle heart, loses her keys and her phone, but not her focus on God
and others
Liz…the one whose “dance” I’d miss, and the “greeting” of Elizabethtown
Jessica…the one who is beautiful inside and out
Michael…the funny one who married the beautiful inside and out one…and is one of the “good ones”
Patrick…the one who doesn’t let life get too serious…or me…and the one I call Patricia
Jason…the one who I can only say “Ta Later!” but always know will be there whenever anyone needs him
Blake…the one who jumped from my pages and taught me to look past appearances (Blake, you’ll have to ask Patrick, Alisa, Jen, Stacey or Shannon what that means)
Mike…the one whose knowledge amazes me
Rett…the one whose taught me about Poker…and how to have fun with just the guys
Rob…the one who makes my best friend the sequel very, very happy and is truly one of the “good ones”
Rebecca R…the momma that is adorable and the true meaning of a friend
Alonzo…the little boy of RR who made me fall in love with him…even when he’s being a little twerp.
Rebecca M…the roommate who inspires, loves and encourages all she meets
Shannon M…the one who taught me how to forgive
JT…the one who will always make me laugh
Nicole…the one with the smile and natural beauty
Amy Mac/Nak…the one who I adore and always puts a smile on my face when I see an e-mail or facebook message from her…a great mama.
Susan…the one whose heart will always stay intact even when broken…a great mama
Jamison…the wordsmith who makes me giggle when he says “swell.”
Cherrer…the one who challenges my faith and is true to himself and God
Matt M…the boyfriend who made me feel like a woman, not just a girl
Vernie…the boy who taught me that I could love
Ryan T…my first crush
Sebastian...my second crush
Michael S…my third crush
Ryan R…the one I should’ve never crushed on but ended up teaching me discernment…of who not to crush on
Bob…who makes Alisa deliriously happy and is just an awesome person to be around
Brian…who teaches everyone how to give
Pat S…our Mama Duck…who I’m forever grateful to for her guidance
Lucy…for being Lucy, the cat whose almost like a dog
Amy B…the one who always knew when I needed a hug, or to cry on her shoulder or an ice scream from DQ
Rinn C…the one who was there when no one else would be
Carrie…the one who is herself and is so gifted, even though she doesn’t know it
Emily B…who is a friend at all times and a very gifted writer

...to be continued...

No comments: