3.31.2009

Yureka!!!!

Well, maybe it will turn out to be a "Yureka!" I've had this feeling for awhile. It's off and on and it's like feeling sick but without being able to throw up or having any kind of congestion. It's like feeling weak, jittery and nausious but not able to throw up. It's not having a cold or a fever, but you can't sleep (which isn't unusual) and when you do, you can't wake up and you have a headache off and on.

Well. Hmmm...what could it be? I missed work today because lifting my head off the pillow made me dizzy and it made my stomach nausious...really nausious. I also slept not very much and even a sleeping aid didn't help. I got about 2 1/2 hours of good sleep. So I called in sick and let my body rest...I couldn't drive anyway because I couldn't even open my eyes long enough to see what the clock said. I tried to get to a doctor then remembered that my health plan changed and I knew the doctor I had chosen was not in network...but I didn't know who was so I just went back to bed....or actually, the couch. I slept most of the day. I felt a little better late this afternoon but as soon as I left the house to go to Bible study, I felt bad again...my head started to hurt again and my stomach got nausious again. So I went back home and sat on the couch again. Then I got mad. Why am I feeling this way? It's not the first time in the last few weeks. It's happening more often and I don't know why...but I don't want to be a hypocondriac either so I've tried to kep it to myself. But this is just getting old...so I got up from the couch, logged on to my computer and started to do research.

I think that I've found the answer...but I need to go have a few tests done just to be sure. Here is what I've found.

First, I'm slightly anemic...that is a given since my blood has always been slightly iron-deficient. But it's never been really bad. I take iron supplements every so often but I try not to if I can eat more iron-rich foods. The supplements tend to give me other side affects that I'd rather not share. But I've never really researched it in depth before...well, I just did. And it's very very interesting what I found out. As I dug deeper I started to see a pattern and then realized I had every sympton when I crossed all the iron research with the fiber research. Yep, I've been focusing on eating more fiber and iron in my diet. Well, guess what? Fiber cancels out iron...if you don't eat the right foods at the right times with these two things. The higher fiber diet I've been taking is not allowing the iron to be absorbed. Being slightly anemic in the first place is why I'm having the symptoms...the spasms in the heart area, the nausious stomach, the weakness in my muscles and joints, the tiredness, the headaches (which are very unusual...I rarely have headaches).

And it's all related to the really bad diet I have and how I've just so screwed with my body that it's messed up and mad at me. But I know that I can't necessarily diagnose myself. I need to have a doctor look at me....so that's the next step, finding a doctor and figuring this out for real and for good. Because I don't like feeling this way or staying home from work and I'm not hawking out a lunch or have a fever or have pneumonia. It's a good reason to take a day off of work...I mean, if you can't get out of bed because you have a deficiency is something you have to take care of...but I don't want to miss another day of work because of it.

I am going to bed now. I will get up in the morning. I will go to work. I will work well...while also looking at who is in our network as far as doctors go and I will make an appointment.

Good night.

1 comment:

April said...

And good luck;) Seriously. Let me know what's going on! And if you need anything...