6.13.2006

Post 119: Success

"Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success." Henry Ford

This is my new favorite quote. It's so simple but so right. It applies to life in general and all the little things in between - work, business, friendships, marraige, events. Why can't life be as easy as following a quote/verse? I mean, if I can begin to come together with a person, stay with them through thick and thin and then continue to work with them (compromise), then I'd succeed much more often. I'd either have my own business or a career (actually have a job that satisfies me), friendships that are even stronger and, while we're at it, a romantic relationship (which can be qualified in any or all of these ways: dating, boyfriend, marriage).

Henry Ford was a very bright man. He really was one person who changed the world just by being who he was created to be. We all can be that. The old saying, "You may be only one person in the world but you may mean the world to one person" is applicable to each and every one of us. Henry Ford was this person in a big way because of his determination, his dreams, his desire to succeed and his willingness to work with people. I can be this kind of person, too. I don't have to invent cars or combustable engines or whatever. I can be just me.

BTW, I drive a Ford. :-)

No comments: