6.29.2006

Post 124: Note to self...

...STOP BEING A DRAMA QUEEN!

Seriously, I feel like that's all I've been lately. Yesterday was not a good day at work. Not a good day. It wasn't an "I'm getting fired" kind of day but it was pretty darn close. At least, I would've fired me. I can't believe I forgot to do those things. Luckily, everyone has the same deadlines so it's like a good system of checks and balances (like our gov't is supposed to be). I just hate to be the one in the system that got checked on and pointed a finger at, though - and here I'm trying to find a full-time job that uses my skills of multi-tasking, administration and editorial talent. I kind of feel like I don't deserve it but my friends have assured me that they've been through those kind of days, too. I just nitpick sometimes and lately, with my tendencies toward the Drama Queen lifestyle, it was just too much to handle without going a little berserk.

I stayed home, relaxed and watched the NBA draft. Yes, I'm a girl but I like sports. I only watched the first round. It was kind of exciting - as drafts go. And it's so much quicker than the NFL draft - that one takes FOREVER! I really enjoy all the anchors at ESPN. They keep things interesting and love 'em or hate 'em - it's fun to analyze them. I mean, I so don't agree with some of thier advice - no matter how much they work around it and should know a lot - but it's fun to see the differing opinions. I LOVE STEPHEN A.! God bless the man who hired him! Brilliant move. I like Stuart Scott, Dan Patrick and the rest of them but SA keeps it real. He is one of a kind. His show is my favorite (after SportsCenter, of course).

Anyway, I am calm now. I also got back to the gym. My hormones were off and so was my metabolism. I'm sure they both had something to do with my reaction yesterday but I still could've handled it better. All I have to remember is to...

...STOP BEING A DRAMA QUEEN!

No comments: