8.03.2006

Post 145: Interview with a Webpire

I am getting so, so excited about this interview thing. I have one tomorrow and another one sometime next week (just found out this morning). It's exciting that I'm finally getting interviews; but it's also making me a little nervous.

Here's the thing: both interviews are for positions that require website management. I don't have much experience at all. I can keep up with this blog and have figured most of it out myself but as in formal training, I have none - minus the one class I had to take at IU for my undergraduate program. I'm just a little nervous that here are two jobs that I'm qualified for in every way but one and that one way may mean me not getting the job.

On the other hand, my resume states everything that I am qualified in and they still want to interview me. So there could be something there that they see that is attractive to them enough to still want to bring me in. I just have to be prepared, be honest and let my best qualities shine. Whether or not either job is the right one for me, I need to see it as a positive opportunity in my journey to the right job for me right now.

Whew! I feel a little better now that I have gotten this off my chest. My stomach was starting to tie into knots because of the whole uncertainty that these interviews bring. I also e-mailed some friends to pray for me about it. I want to be prepared for either second interviews or for that rejection letter. :-)

No comments: