8.08.2006

Post 148: Spur of the Moment

I couldn't have planned last night's activities better. I met a friend of mine after work; she was hungry and I didn't have any plans. So she had dinner while we talked and then we ended up at the mall - she had to pay a bill. So we kind of just spent time together and chatted, walking in and out of stores and commenting on the style nowadays. As we left the mall, she said out loud, "I wish we could go to Edinburgh. I want to go."

I asked, "Do we have time?"

"I think so. We'd be there by 8 p.m."

"So, let's go."

"Yeah!"

So we left the mall at 7:10 and got to Edinburgh at 8 p.m. We hit 7 stores in 1 hour. How's that for precision shopping? We're good. Anyway, we did little damage (neither one of us have much money) but it was fun. I did come home with $10 of my dishes (if I had a better paying job and didn't have to send my car payment, I could have literally bought the rest of what I needed for my dishes because that's how good of a sale they were having). Instead, I settled on 6 ice cream dishes and paid $9.41 for what I would've normally been charged - $30, before taxes. I like spur of the moment stuff.

We had a good talk in our drive - everything from our job situations to our friends and how we have close friends to taking a trip for her birthday in October. She's always wanted to go away for a weekend to celebrate her birthday so we just decided that this is the year it is going to happen. We decided a lot of things: that I WILL find a good job, that she will find a day job in nursing, that we will both be strict with our money and get out of debt, that we will not worry about men unless God basically hits us over the head with one, that we like how we've always been so honest with each other. It was a good, fun evening. Sometimes the things you do spur of the moment are the best times of your life. And that was so last night for me. :-)

No comments: