8.01.2006

Post 142: Past Reminders

How come when we are struggling with making future decisions that we are reminded of our past decisions? Today is a good day: I have my first interview scheduled for Friday. But in the door of my present job walks one of my students from the studio. I taught her some things as a female dancer - body movement, arm extensions, hand placements, etc. She's a dear older Asian lady that I miss from the "old days." But the point of saying all this is that I still wonder if dancing is completely out of my life for good or if it's somehow going to creep back in. I've danced in my apartment a few nights this past week and actually have a lyrical routine almost finished for one of the songs I'm playing at Bible study tonight. I'm not performing it (it's not ready yet) but a lot of it just came to me (and I have no lyrical training; just ballroom). I'm trying not to think about it but I have been reminded of my past "career" a lot lately. It could be that Satan is trying to hold me back from my future by trying to keep me in the past. But I know that I just need to acknowledge it's there and let life happen. I can't start concerning myself with this issue again when it could all be just coincidence. I love dancing and I miss it but I don't miss the hours at all. I like being home in the evening. I like cooking dinner and working out and having time to myself; and I love that friends can stop by at any time and know that I'll be home. Sometimes they drop by at times that I'm having dinner and they join me. I think that's great - especially since I don't have a boyfriend to cook for or a family. So I'm content with the hours I have; I just need to make more money. I'll hate leaving here when I get a better job because of the people I get to work with are so great. However, I know I'll be more financially stable - and that's my number 1 priority right now.

I have been very blessed to work places that have other believers. I hope that God will continue to bless me in this way. Sometimes, though, He needs us to be in places that we have to stand out instead of blend in; that could be where my next job takes me. I know that He'll be with me though - and I have great friends to support me when I have troubles.

Anyway, wish me luck in my interview. I'll learn more about the job and find out if I would be a good fit. I just want to interview well. I'd love the job but it's one that a lot of people applied to so I have to be realistic that I may not be the best candidate. Still, I want to make a good impression and show them the best of me. I get a little nervous sometimes, though, so I need all the prayer I can get. :-)

No comments: