7.10.2006

Post 129: Sophmoric, cont.

In reference to my earlier blog today, maybe one of my friends from CA is right. I e-mailed her today and told her about my weekend. She responded with, "Well, I think you should give yourself a time period. If you don't have a job or a man by a certain date, then you should move to San Diego."

Maybe I should do just that. I have wonderful, wonderful friends here. But I long for a life with my own family and a career (or at least a job that can support me). If it isn't happening here (and it's been 10 years as of July 31 that I've lived here), maybe I should pick up and leave.

Not sure why she suggested San Diego (a mutual friend of ours lives there so it would be cool to live close to her) but it could work for me; plus it would be closer to her (a 6 hour drive). Who knows? I'm not closing my mind to anything at this point. I even had three friends talk to me about how they think I'd love New York. I could even end up there. I think it's way big for me but what do I know? I thought I'd be working on my second kid and my second or third novel by now. :-)

And what is it with me wanting to travel so much? I can only hope that the person God has chosen for me to spend the rest of my life with likes to travel because if I have the finances, I'd want to travel. Not all the time but at least once a year and to somewhere we haven't been before. I enjoy seeing new places. And I want to go to Disneyworld. I've never been there; to Disneyland, 100's of times but not DW. A friend of mine went with his brother's family earlier this year. I'm kind of jealous of him. It's one of the things on my list to do in my life and I still haven't done it. I used to want to get married there and do the whole Cinderella carriage thing. But I think I grew out of that. Though, as I get older, I'm kind of leaning toward getting married on a beach somewhere with just the most immediate family members and closest friends (my family is too large to have a big wedding; and I'm not willing to put my parents in financial stress over my wedding - though I've been told by both of them that I shouldn't worry because they'd work to give me the wedding of my dreams, regardless). Still, getting married at a beach would have it's advantages. It would be beautiful, serene, laid-back, we'd eat wonderful seafood and we'd already be at our honeymoon site (it's just a short trip to the hotel room). Hey, I'm 30 - by the time I'm married I will be so ready to be with my husband. Who wants to wait through the wedding day, reception and a flight to your destination - and then you'd probably be too tired and fall asleep? I'd rather already be there and get the party started right away, if you know what I mean. Of course, I have to get out of my "sophmoric" tendencies when it comes to adult romantic relationships but then again, the right person will correct all that. I'm not apologizing for my romantic desires, either. I do think there is someone for everybody. You just might have to go through a few imposters before you find them. Not what I want, but I doubt the two guys I'm interested in now will end up being my husband in the future (not even sure I'll even date either one since they aren't asking yet). I'm just looking to spend time with a man that I like to be around and makes me feel happy (at least for now). :-)

But if I don't find that soon, and I do come from a long line of movers, I just might have to start over elsewhere. :-)

No comments: