7.13.2006

Post 134: Creating a Masterpiece

Well, it won't be a masterpiece but I hope my friend likes it. In fact, I hope all my friends like theirs - because they'll eventually have one, too. I can't say what it is because my friend who the first one is for reads my blog sometimes. I so don't want to give it away. Today is not a super busy day so I used the quiet time (between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.) in the office to sit and write on my little pad. I had everything done at that point and was just answering the phone. I think it turned out okay but I know it wouldn't win any awards. Only my friend really has to like it - if she does then it's a success.

I'm not looking forward to after work - only because it's probably going to storm and I'm not going to be able to do my workout at the Y (today I'm supposed to swim 1/2 mile and do my full weight workout - and I really want to do it). But I also just found out that I have to go home and let the dog out right after work so my workout will be later and by that time, it may be storming - not to mention the fact that I still have to go to my friend's for Bible study later in the evening. I hate days that are so up in the air. They are really annoying. Now, if this ends up being a day where things go even better than planned then it's worth it. But I don't have many days like that - in fact, I can't remember the last day I had like that. All my days usually go worse.

I'm still waiting for that fun, exciting thing to happen to me this year. I'm due for a good year - not a year that's like all the others. But, unfortunately, this year is looking and feeling like every other year. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck - it is a duck. Well, I'm hoping that this year breaks that cliche wide open. I hope that duck becomes a swam somehow. 'Cause I'm gettin' tired of being in the same old routine. I'm ready for something fun and life-changing (notice the "and" - I don't want one without the other and they have to be completely dependent on one another - not something fun and something else that's life changing - because the life-changing can be bad and I'm done with bad).

I want something good. I want, I want, I want...so I'm a little whiny right now. We all deserve to be at times. I'm not apologizing for it. I'm keepin' it real...GOOOSH!

So, my friends have gotten me hooked on this little movie you may have heard of...Napoleon Dynamite. It seems that every time I see my friends they are saying one of the lines for this movie. And a guy friend of mine has kind of come out of his shell even more after our first discussion about that movie. He smiles more - and let me tell you, he has the best smile I've ever seen. It's nice to see it more often - though it's a little dangerous for me. :-) That's all I'm saying about that. Moving on...

BTW, I saw Pirates, of course. SPOILER ALERT (sort of ): It's a cliffhanger. I can't say how or why since some of my friends haven't seen it yet but I was perturbed. I actually said - out loud - when the movie ended, "No! You can't do this to me!" Yeah, I really did say it out loud. The two friends I was sitting between just laughed at me. So now we all have to wait another year - but I think it was probably a given that the movie would end something like this since there's already a third movie in the works. It was good but it was different than the first. It wasn't bad at all but it was a different experience than the first one. And, after thinking about it for a week now, you really need to see the first movie before you see the second - if you happen to be one of the six or seven who actually didn't see the first one. The second movie refers back to some of the scenes in the first one so I think it would make more sense to see the first first. But, I want to leave no doubt that it's worth the price of admission.

This week, some of us want to go see Cars. But I kind of want to see it or Superman at the drive-in. However, I'm a little broke right now and I need to take some time to stay home and relax. Plus, I kind of wish I were dating. I've had offers but not ones from guys that I'm even remotely interested in. I'm starting to believe that I really may just end up dating the guy that is supposed to be my husband. I mean, maybe that's why God is saving me from myself right now. Of course, I don't want to go into my next dating relationship thinking that - it's not fair to him. But, deep down, I kind of hope that is what God wants for me and is leading me to. Time will tell.

Okay, I should go now. Work is almost over and I'm so ready to swim. :-)

No comments: