7.11.2006

Post 132: Slow Day...San Diego?

K - so this is obviously a very slow day at work. I'm trying to stay busy but I can't. This is why I really need a full-time job that keeps me busy. I sit around at work and type on my blog or check my e-mail incessantly - and I don't like doing that at work but I've gotten used to it - that's a bad thing.

My friend in CA responded to an e-mail that I sent earlier today. In it, she encouraged me to move to San Diego...back to my home state. I'd be living in the same city as a mutual friend of ours and I would be closer to her. She's just had two kids (little girls) and I haven't seen them in person yet. It would be nice to be closer to my own family, too, (especially my niece and nephews) but the thought of moving to CA is not super enticing. If I were going with my husband or my parents, maybe. But leaving my parents here and my friends here isn't something that I'm ready for yet. I may be open to it but I'm not ready for it - especially since I checked the amount of apartment rentals.

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS! I know it shouldn't surprise me since I'm from there and know how expensive it is...but a modest one-bedroom, 690 sq. ft. apartment starts at $1,099 - per month! That's more than a house payment back here! I could have a house for that. So, yeah, I'd gain beach access and views but is it worth that much a month for just one bedroom? To me, not right now. If I were moneybags though, I'd buy a place in which to use when I visit - alas, moneybags, I am not - unless I win the lottery and I've only won $4 so far...so I'm guessing that that isn't a valid option. :-)

But it's nice to daydream and think of what if's - it's really why I should be a writer. It's just taking forever to get there. And I'm more and more convinced everyday that that's what I should be. It's only a matter of time before I find my niche in writing and start succeeding...but it's the waiting and the wondering and the patience it's taking to persevere. I am going to be so strong after all of this...and I know that God is going to bring me out of it. I just have to keep the faith and keep allowing him to mold me - even if it hurts sometimes.

No comments: