7.28.2006

Post 140: Is this really a fortune?

Okay, so I'm kind of been disappointed lately with some of the fortunes I get. A lot are pretty obvious and sometimes really, really stupid. For example, maybe the following fortune means something deeper than what I can figure out but I really think that its stupid:

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."

Huh? And why would anyone want to do that? I know it's meant to be spiritual and deep and soul-reflecting but it sounds more funny than it does any sort of epiphany. I have stuck it on my computer at work as a way to make me laugh some days. I asked myself this morning when I read it again, "Is this really a fortune?" I mean, how does it make me a fortune? Yeah, yeah - I find myself, yada, yada, yada. But sometimes I don't want to find myself. Ever think of that, oh wise fortune cookie people? I think I could do a better job at fortunes than you do! Mine wouldn't necessarily be wiser but they'd be funnier and more reflective of a normal person.

For example:

There are no lucky numbers, just Lucky Charms. They're magically delicious!
You are always going to be you so deal with it. Everyone else has.
Don't live your life as a fortune. This is just our job; we're getting paid to come up with this stuff.
Wisdom doesn't come from a fortune cookie; it comes from getting old.
Tomorrow is always tomorrow; stop worrying about it. It's going to be there. Trust me.
Yesterday is never coming back; be thankful and move on.
Time is constant; you shouldn't be. Otherwise, you'd be dull and no one wants to hang around a dull person.
Celebrities are just like us; they make the same stupid mistakes but everyone knows about them. Be thankful your secrets are still secrets.

That's just a few; I have a lot more but I won't bore you.

Oh, and how funny is this quote:

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

Uh-huh. And how did you come up with this one? Oh, and it's anonymous but attributed mostly to Dan Quayle and, yeah, you guessed it...Bill Clinton.

So, that's my little commentary for the day. Enjoy!

No comments: